Cases We Handle
We handle most criminal and juvenile cases in Athens-Clarke County and Oconee County. We do not represent anyone on civil matters, except in juvenile court deprivation cases. If you need representation on a civil case, please contact Georgia Legal Services Program.
Cases We Do Handle
Cases We Do Not Handle:
- All criminal cases in Superior Court in Athens Clarke County or Oconee County
- All criminal cases in State Court in Athens Clarke County
- All Delinquency cases in Juvenile Court in Athens-Clarke and Oconee Counties
- Deprivation cases in Oconee County in juvenile court in which DFCS is involved
- All non-traffic misdemeanors and most serious traffic offenses in ACC Municipal Court and Oconee County Probate Court
- Divorce and Child Support cases
- Civil cases
- Juvenile Court custody cases where DFCS is not involved
- All Winterville or Watkinsville Municipal Court cases
- Misdemeanor bad check cases
If our office has a conflict of interest, you may be represented by an attorney independent of our office. The Athens Regional Conflict Defender can be reached at 706-583-2625.